Sunday, March 28, 2010

Sesame Street Live: When Elmo Grows Up! 03/28/10

So just a few days ago Rodney decided to surprise Paisley (and me) with tickets to see ELMO!! Paisley is absolutely obsessed with Sesame Street, especially Elmo. She has been so excited to "go see Elmo, Grover, Big Bird, and Elmo." I'm really glad we hadn't had the tickets for weeks or months. I really don't think she could have handled the wait. It was the most amazing feeling to see her so excited about something. I of course cried watching her face when the show started. She just seemed so grown up. I am so thankful that Paisley has such a wonderful Dada to take us to see Sesame Street. Not every little family would get that chance. 
Today was a day I will never forget...that smile!

I took a ton (no really, 184) of pictures and plan on making her a photo book of the show. Here are some of my favorites from Sesame Street Live: When Elmo Grows Up!

 Screaming in the parking lot! Can you hear those screams??

 Sitting in her seat like such a big girl.

 Pause for a picture with Momma

 And then the show began! Check out those eyes...her first sighting!

 The opening song

 Telly wants to be a cowboy when he grows up!
Cookie wants to be a fire fighter!

Intermission time...we gave in to the cotton candy. We didn't even have to leave our seats to get it!

La, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, Elmo's World!

Even Dorothy came!

Oscar the Grouch sang a song called "I Love Trash." Paisley sang along the whole time..."I yuv trash!"

Singing and clapping along.

The last song. See the streamers...they went all out!

And then came the tears...she was so not ready for it to be over.

But so ready for a nap!

What a wonderful day Momma and Dada had with you sweet Paisley girl. We love you so much!!!!!

No comments: