Thursday, July 8, 2010

Always a Reason

My mom and I are with Beckett in the NICU. A pregnant couple walks in and they are talking with the nurse of the baby next to us. The mom looks over at us and says that baby has what our baby has. Spina Bifida. The last hour or so has been spent teaching and sharing our baby with this family on their NICU tour. A trip we made not so long ago. A visit that was so scary and overwhelming that I really do not remember any of it. I hope by meeting us today and seeing Beckett wiggle all over the bed, will help this couple in some way to deal with the diagnosis they just received for their little girl one week ago. It felt wonderful to be able to educate someone else. I have been on the information craving end for so long...full circle. I feel blessed and thankful to be able to help, hopefully in some way in their journey. Always a reason that is out of my control.

2 comments:

Chris and Melissa said...

God works in mysterious ways. I'm sure you and your sweet family have been a blessing to so many more people than you could ever know.

Ciaran's parents, Jon & Wendy said...

Oh, I remember taking that walk to. :)