Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Thursday "Flip" Day

If everything goes according to schedule, and Beckett is a good boy, Thursday (as in the day after tomorrow) should be the day for him to flip to his back! That will be day 14. That will be the day Rodney and I get to hold our baby boy for the first time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Rodney and I will arrive at the hospital around 8, the nurse will page Joy, the neurosurgery nurse clinician, and she will come to flip him over! Shortly after that we will get to hold him. We will get to hold and snuggle our sweet Beckett. FINALLY! Can you tell we are ready!?! Dr. Stevenson (our neurosurgeon now since Dr. Moriarty is on vacation) said we can hold him all day Thursday if we want to, and you can bet we probably will! Any visitors planning on coming Thursday...you better wait until the afternoon because there is NO way I'm giving him up for quite a while to anyone except Rodney, maybe!
After he is flipped, they will do a renal ultrasound, VCUG, a hip ultrasound, and whatever other newborn screenings they usually do but haven't been able to because he has been on his belly. He will be circumcised. After all of that is complete, we should be coming HOME! Hopefully by the weekend or beginning of next week. 
We are very READY!

6 comments:

Jill said...

YEA!!! Congratulations! Oh, I'm all teary just remembering how amazing that first snuggle was, the weight of him in my arms FINALLY! Enjoy every second of it and good luck with all the tests and stuff!

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

YEAH!!! I am so happy to hear that!!! I'm Leslie Elder's sister-in-law. I read your blog! I guess that classifies me as a blog stalker!! ha!

JourneyWithTheCrosiers said...

Don't worry Alicia, I have stalked your blog too for quite some time! Guess that means we don't have to "stalk" anymore...it's all out in the open!!!

Whitney said...

so glad to hear everything is going sooo well! have the best time thursday...snuggle up!

The K Krew said...

SO Very Happy for you! Can't wait to see that baby boy being held! Congratulations to you all and thank you for the visit! Much love to you all.

-The Kowalski's

Lisa O said...

I am so excited for your family. Give him a snuggle for me!!